Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Walking (Alot) in a Winter Wonderland



View from our apartment-If you look closely you can see the down pour of snow

A few days ago we had what I would call a mini-blizzard. It snowed for three days straight and we got at least a few inches. The snow was like nothing I had seen before in Kentucky, it was just a solid down pour for hours on end. I really enjoyed it and it definately made for a cozy weekend at home. I found myself looking out the window a ton. It is so funny to think that the things people do in snow wouldn't be universal, but for some reason I was surprised to see all the snow ball fights outside our apartment and snowmen. I was fascinated! In a such a big and busy city the snow brought everyone out onto the streets to play. I saw alot of families laughing, having a wonderful time, and it put a big smile on my face. Of course Tim and I had to get out there and have a few snow ball fights of our own. And I continue to get hit with a few by my husband unexpectedly when we run errands. Sadly, our winter wonderland has turned into a winter slush, which makes it pretty gross to walk around the streets. Ah well, I guess we can cross our fingers and hope for maybe one more snow before winter goes away.


post signature

4 comments:

Kay Sue said...

What a beautiful scene. I love it! It's fun to learn all of the things we have in common with people everywhere!

Love you!
MOM

Lindsey said...

it is beautiful! a lot more than we have seen here in Wake forest that is for sure :)

Shugart Family said...

Hey kiddos,
I really miss getting to see you on a regular basis. The snow is beautiful. I now have a web cam, maybe sometime I can try it out with you guys. Love and miss you both. Debbie

DLA said...

Hey guys. Some of us would appreciate more timely and regular updates!!!!! love you. DLA