Sunday, February 3, 2008

Pazar (Bazaar in English)





The bazaar on Tuesday's and Friday's near our apartment is quickly becoming one of Tim and I's favorite places to go in Istanbul. I love it for several reasons.

#1- I have never seen my husband get excited to go shopping until we experienced the bazaar.

#2- It's really fun to go with Tim see everything together, and embarass ourselves trying to use Turkish the best we know how.

#3- The prices are unbelievable.

#4- You can get anything you can think of, clothes, socks, shoes, kitchen supplies, jewelry, baby gifts, scarves, produce, name it, its probably there.

#5- The produce is so, so good!! Everything is so fresh it tastes amazing!

#6- In a very modern city, the city really makes us feel like we are in a special foreign place.

The pictures I have posted and these reasons cannot describe how fun the bazaar is, just another reason for everyone to come visit!! You have to experience for yourself.


post signature

1 comment:

Household6 said...

I enjoy haggling with the vendors at the markets.

I just got H the first season of Friends on DVD. It reminded me of you guys.

We should hook up on iChat sometime.

Greg