Monday, January 21, 2008

Taking it one day at a time....

One thing Tim and I are beginning to learn as we live in very large, and foreign city to us, is that often times our days consist of finishing one big task. Today we started our day by walking to a large shopping mall about 20 mins from our house. We both have really enjoyed walking to most of the places we need to go including the bazaar, local restaurants, and bus stops. On our trip today we had a little friend, a four-legged friend. As most of you probably know in large, European or Asian cities there are alot of stray dogs who roam the streets. They apparently get shots and then have tags on their ears letting you know they are safe? (kinda sketchy). I always want to take these dogs home, I still don't understand how a whole city can love cats more than dogs. Well today about 5 mins into our walk we saw a really cute dog that was probably a mix between a lab and an English sheep dog ( I dont know the proper name for this breed) who I proceeded to talk to in a sweet puppy dog voice. Let's see, I think it went something like this "Hey! puppy! How are you?!!" (this was all done in a very wuvy-duvy sort of way). Not thinking anything of it, when all the sudden I see this pup take a 180 and start following us. We both thought this was so cute, until we started thinking of all the busy intersections we would have to cross to get to the mall which in turn made us very nervous for our new friend. Well I don't know why we worried because our little pup definately showed his "street smarts". He crossed those intersections like they were nothing, and every time we thought he was moving away from our path he would show up again. This went on for the whole trip! Tim and I both started to get a little anxious at the thought of a very sad puppy dog face as we entered the mall. As we approached the mall the sidewalk split into two with a wall between, luckily our friend got a little distracted and went the other way, WHEW!! Crisis diverted! I wish I had taken a picture, I have now learned my lesson to have my camera with me at all times.

The big task at the mall was to grocery shop. We have a great place here called Carrefoure, its basically like your average Wal-Mart. Tomorrow we are having two of our friends over and for the recipe I am making it calls for diced tomatoes. I think I looked at the tomato section for at least 10 mins before making my decision. Never in America had it occured to me how overwhelming that section could be. There are diced tomatoes, tomatoe puree, tomato paste, and the list goes on! I am proud to say we made it out of the grocery store with everything we needed for the week and a new cordless phone for our Vonage service! YEAH!!!

So that was our big accomplishment for the day besides me cleaning the floors which is a whole other post in itself. We finished off the night with going to one of my favorite restuarants here so far, Otantik, yum! Sorry still no pictures yet, I've misplaced our cd to download the program for our camera. But I am determined to find it! I hope everyone has a great day! I have to give a shout out to Gabers (my nephew), HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! THE BIG 3!! WOO WHOO!!!

3 comments:

Household6 said...

with your apple, you should just be able to plug your camera in and have it work. you shouldn't need the install cd. Give it a try and see what happens. iphoto should pop right up.

I'll be sure and tell gabe you gave him a shout out.

DON'T TALK TO ANYMORE PUPPIES!!!

love,

H

Lindsey said...

you guys were so close to having your own puppy ha.. glad it worked out that that one was not the one though!
wait till you come back to NC and I will have one ready for you :)

Kay Sue said...

Yeah,

Both my daughters are excellent "bloggers".

Great Post!

Love,

MOM