Sunday, June 21, 2009

Beach Bums

We went to the Beach last week with Seyfo and his family to their beach house in Saroz. Tim says it is close to Greece, I'll have to look for myself on a map.

Anyways, it was so wonderful to get out of the city for awhile. Instead of seeing concrete we drove for 3 hrs with this as our scenery.



Saroz was so beautiful. It reminded me of when we used to drive to Kansas to see my sister, with a big body of water next to it. The complex where the beach house was so cute, and quiet. It was so nice to hear the trees moving with the wind, and the birds chirping in the morning.



Seyfo's mom was an incredible hostess. We ate like kings the entire time. We ate almost every meal outside on the balcony, one of my favorite things to do. Every morning we would have Turkish breakfast which consists usually of olives, cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers, tea, and bread. I have to admit that I think I would choose that over any American breakfast from now on. She is an amazing cook, we were so blessed to be able to spend time with her and Seyfo's aunt. They love Levi and he was never at a loss for someone to hold him and love on him.

We did some of my favorite things while we were there. Of course we went to the beach everyday. The water was so cold but the last day was really hot and it felt great. Levi loved the beach and he had his own personal baby pool which worked out great since he wanted to eat all the rocks on the beach. We also went to an amazing bazaar. I got a cute little dress for about 2 dollars! Yeah! Tim and I also got a good chance to rest and slept any chance we could get when Levi was sleeping. It was so refreshing.










We had a blast getting to know their family better, relaxing, swimming and eating wonderful food. We hope that this is the first trip of many others this summer.



post signature

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh goodness, I MISS YOU!! You are so precious . . .sigh.