Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Some things we miss...

We can offically say we have lived in Turkey for 2 months now and it is really starting to become a reality that it will be our home for the next couple of years. Recently, I have started to miss some things from America, ALOT! According to Tim and something he heard about moving to another country 2 months is usually the time when the "honeymoon" stage wears off and culture shock/missing home begins. First and foremost I have to say of course I miss my friends and family the most. However, I can't tell you how much I am missing some good ole American cuisine these days. The other day Tim was asking me what I wanted for dinner and I think I remember my answer being "A Chick-fil-a sandwich with a slice of Papa John's pizza on the side." What is wrong with me?!! I told my mom I guess me missing America has just translated into missing American food. In reality, if I had those options I don't know if I would go for them, most of you who know me know I'm a salad kinda gal (especially Charlotte). But right now those restaruants sound so good! One more thing I miss big time around here is lunch meat. I used to love eating a ham, or turkey sandwich for lunch and it is not to be found here at the grocery stores. There is some kind of sliced chicken which Tim and I have both decided tastes like bologna, ew. I know this has been a complete pity party but I had to get it out. I found some pictures on the internet of some of the food we miss so if you see something that is close to your house do us a favor and go eat some, appreciate it, and send happy thoughts our way.

These are the things we miss the most!! Love you all! P.S. I stole alot of these from other blogs and facebook!















Here are a few more things we miss!

Check out that yummy lunch!

For some reason I miss this cereal alot right now.
A Louisville favorite!
All of you know Tim misses this ALOT!
Kinda random but yes, I miss dryer sheets.

Lots of cheese here, but no cheddar!


post signature

5 comments:

Erin Owen said...

Anna - Thank you for putting the picture of me and Bordas up. The next time Erin and I eat Chick-fil-A we will have a moment of silence for you and Timothy.

STALLIONS FOREVER!

Mitch

Lindsey said...

Aww I made the list.. how sweet :) Well we miss you too for sure! I am going to Kari's shower this weekend and so wish you could be going with me!!! I have your alls picture prayer card on my desk right above my computer and I love seeing your smiling face everyday... but i sure do wish I could hug you too ha! I know it must be hard with the food, something we take for granted everyday. Do you want me to go on a Chickfila ban just in your honor? ha it would be hard but I would do it :) Love ya girl!

Kay Sue said...

Hey Baby! Great Post!!!

I miss you too!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,

MOM

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHA! I love this post!!! Your blog is so fun :)

Unknown said...

and oh yeah I miss you lots too! alshdflksadfklhklasdf

Why isn't Taco Bell on this list???????