Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Language Learning



On any given day in language class Tim and I often find ourselves sounding a lot like Joey in the video above trying to speak French. We started language about a month ago and really like our teachers. They both are very interactive and excellent at teaching us the basics. At the end of our lessons I can tell they have worked us hard and I get completely tongue-tied with some of the words I try to pronounce. I just started meeting with a tutor last week and I can already tell she is helping me to actually practice what I am learning in class. Tim is starting tomorrow to meet with two football players who will be his tutors. We were both recently encouraged when we went out to buy some dinner and understood bits and pieces of what our waiter said. However, we both know that learning a language is a long journey and we have to be patient. In the mean time we always remember Joey on Friends and we have a good laugh cause we definitely have some "Le fleup de flee!!" moments.


A picture of us and two of our new friends!! Thank you Redhouse for publishing a pocket size Turkish-English and English-Turkish dictionary!!

post signature

5 comments:

Household6 said...

finally! I was wondering when you would ever post again. I see you figured out videos! YEAH!

Hope your feeling well.....we are still iffy.....

Love,

H

Lindsey said...

you guys are too cute and i cant help but have Joey's voice in my head now ha! stay at it and practice makes perfect.. you will be speaking turkish before you know it! well at least a little :)

dylanshug said...

Hey guys! I love this entry. I remember how hard it was to learn Chinese while I was over in China a few years ago. I also remember how hard it was for me to learn Hungarian when I went there about five years ago. It does get better and it will get easier. I remember making note cards with words or phrases and taped them on objects and places around the house I was staying at or in my hotel room. But the best way to get it is stick with real hard and practice practice practice.

Kay Sue said...

Cute post, guys!!!!!!

I guess you can feel you are doing okay until someone says "Good Job, little buddy"

Love,

MOM

Unknown said...

I like your little red books :)